Tuesday 24 March 2015

A Bit of Drivel

Hello folks, hope you all had a great weekend. Teddy's christening was a huge success, with even the sunshine making a timely appearance. He was a superstar all day and didn't make a peep when he was pretty much drenched with the holy water. The service was lovely, and it seemed like everyone had a good time at the reception. The food definitely went down a treat as there wasn't a scrap left! I loved the day so much, although I just wish it was a little longer as there just wasn't enough time to sit down and have a proper chat with everybody like I wanted to. I guess that's to be expected when there are 70 guests though! If you are reading this and you were there, then thank you again for coming to celebrate Teddy's special day with us. 

Having Teddy baptised was very important to me. Growing up I went to Mass weekly, and I attended a Catholic Primary School, High School and Sixth Form College. I can't imagine Teddy not doing the same, and although we don't know what the future holds and I wouldn't want to force any views upon him, I plan to continue to take him to Church as often as I can. He loves going at the moment as he is essentially a nosey parker and enjoys people watching, plus he gets most excited by the singing (not mine). 

The whole weekend was brilliant to be honest, we were very lucky to have tickets to see Sam Smith on Friday night at the Manchester Apollo which is a venue I love. I am sure he will be selling out Arena tours very soon so I am really pleased that we got to see him there. He was incredible! Definitely one of the best live acts I have ever seen, his voice live is even better than recorded and his encore was so amazing that I may have shed a tear. Just a small one. We followed up the gig with a few drinks in the Northern Quarter, specifically in the newish bar Hold Fast and then went for a quick nightcap in Guilty By Association where the music was ace. Luckily no hangover appeared on Saturday which would have been a nightmare given I was running around picking up the cake, cupcakes and balloons for Sunday. And yes, I did drink Amaretto ;-)

In other news I am still *kind of* doing 30 Day Shred. I did it 8 days in a row and then reality hit and I didn't manage to squeeze it in every day. The current situation is that I have done it 21 times in 29 days. Not too bad considering I have had a weekend away and a stomach bug in that time. I am only just tackling level 3 and it is a killer! I can definitely feel and see the effects though and my dress on Sunday fit much better than when I tried it on a month or so ago. I'm going to carry on doing it everyday where I can until I hit 30 and then will write a detailed post. After that I might need a little break from Jillian (just temporary!) so if anyone has any other DVD recommendations, particularly for 30 minutes or less workouts as it's hard to fit any more in around Teddy, please let me know. Has anyone tried Davina? 

Finally, I have to confess that I haven't yet finished reading The Girl with all the Gifts for the Book Club. I blame Jillian! I used to read a book a week and now am finding it hard to read a book a month! However I am close, so I will be writing my review, inviting your comments and selecting a new book next Monday. Six days people if you haven't finished either!

Until next time! x




No comments:

Post a Comment